Inventory Planning Coordinator - TampaBookmark This
McNichols Company is North America's leading supplier and fabricator of metal, expanded, wire mesh , architectural metals and a variety of gratings products. Founded in 1952 by the late Robert L. McNichols, the company was established on his Christian values, high ethical standards and strong commitment to customer satisfaction. With 18 Service Centers strategically placed from coast-to-coast, McNichols has a dedicated staff and communication network in place that can supply worldwide service.
We have an exciting opportunity for an articulate, creative and enthusiastic team player to join our ”HOLE Team” as an Inventory Planning Coordinator. The ideal candidate is an experienced individual, highly analytical, with exceptional organization skills and technical capabilities. This person must be service-oriented, have strong interpersonal skills, be able to work in a team environment and provide direction, accountability, and guidance to all team members.
Job Title: Inventory Planning Coordinator
Reports to: Manager, Integrated Planning
Based at:Tampa, FL
- Oversee and coordinate Inventory Planning activities across McNichols' North American Service Centers to meet high customer service levels while effectively balancing cost and capital constraints.
- Maintain stocking logic in current AS400 “MPlan” system to ensure appropriate restocking is performed aligned with company strategy. This includes setting appropriate ABC Segmentation, Stock Levels, Reorder Points, Safety Stock, Customer or Distribution Reserves, Restocking Priorities, and Inventory Targets.
- Review system recommendations, analyze forecast error, and continue to improve a maturing forecasting process.
- Develop and maintain Capacity Planning Toolset to forecast ending inventory across the network over time to best utilize storage capabilities.
- Participate in monthly Supply Calls to isolate opportunities to grow sales or speed inventory turns on items which are not meeting plan. Facilitate relocation or promotion of slow moving items.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on upcoming ERP implementation of Oracle's DRP, Advanced Planning, and Production Scheduling to ensure best practice is deployed in new processes and technology solutions.
- Assist in Six Sigma or other Lean projects to improve processes and activities.
Qualifications and Ideal Candidate Profile:
- BA/BS Degree with minimum of 5years of experience in Supply Chain profession including Purchasing, Logistics, Inventory Management or Distribution.
- Experience with Distribution Requirements Planning and Master Production Scheduling techniques required.
- Professional training or certifications such as APICS, CPSM, CPM, etc. are preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate and collaborate across the organization.
- Experience in a Six Sigma/Lean environment preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with AS400, MercuryGate TMS, and COGNOS preferred.
McNichols offers an extensive Benefits Package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, with incentive potential.