Investment Analyst, Commercial Real Estate TransactionsBookmark This
PREI is the real estate investment management business of Prudential Financial. PREI is comprised of fund management centers in the US located in Madison, NJ (PREI global headquarters), Atlanta, San Francisco, Chicago, and New York; as well as globally in London, Singapore, and Mexico City, which offices are supported by a network of local offices throughout the world. PREI's specialized operating units offer a broad range of real estate investment opportunities and investment management services in the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Australia.
As of June 30, 2013, PREI managed over $50 billion in gross real estate assets on behalf of over 500 clients worldwide and was ranked among the largest real estate investment managers. For more information, please visit www.prei.com for more information.
Investment Analyst Program
PREI has an Investment Analyst program in the US with positions in all of its US offices. Analysts work with small teams of investment professionals in the Asset Management, Marketing, Portfolio Management, Research, and Transactions units.
The Analyst Program is designed to immerse Analysts in the real estate investment process and PREI's business strategy
Analysts are eligible to participate in a mentorship program to be coached by more experienced professionals with whom they can develop insightful one-on-one relationships and ensure continued professional progress to suit long-term career interests
There currently is an Investment Analyst position available in the Transactions group based in Madison, NJ, to work with the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest acquisitions teams. The US Transactions group serves the acquisition and disposition needs of all of PREI's funds that invest in the US.
- Analyze and underwrite investment opportunities for the acquisition and development of commercial properties across all property types, investment structures, and risk profiles
- Create cash flow models, sensitivity tables, rent roll analyses, joint venture waterfall models, and other financial analyses required to evaluate and pursue acquisition opportunities
- Prepare Investment Committee memoranda and related materials through market research, risk analysis, and in-depth understanding of investment factors
- Analyze economic, market, legal, and political conditions within assigned regions
- Assist senior transactions professionals in leading the due diligence and closing processes for acquisitions in conjunction with portfolio and asset management teams
- Assist asset management teams in property financings, appraisal review, and other activities that may require feedback from the Transactions group
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or related discipline
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Understanding of basic real estate terms and concepts such as net leases, gross leases, contracts, rents, percentage rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, expense recoveries, property types
- Understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, cap rates, internal rate of return, present value/discounted cash flow
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Computer proficiency with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Argus knowledge preferred
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously