Investment Analyst Intern (Bachelor's Program)Bookmark This
Texas Children's Hospital
Job Title: Investment Analyst Intern (Bachelor's Program) Job ID: 129576 Location: Medical Center, Houston, TX Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Temporary
Texas Children's Hospital is an internationally recognized full-care pediatric hospital located in the Texas Medical Center in Houston. One of the best pediatric hospitals in the United States, Texas Children's Hospital is dedicated to providing the finest possible pediatric patient care, education and research.
Texas Children’s Hospital, a not-for-profit organization, is committed to creating a community of healthy children through excellence in patient care, education and research. Consistently ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the nation, Texas Children’s has recognized Centers of Excellence in multiple pediatric subspecialties including the Cancer and Heart Centers, and operates the largest primary pediatric care network in the country. Texas Children's has completed a $1.5 billion expansion, which includes the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; and Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston. For more information on Texas Children's, go to www.texaschildrens.org. Get the latest news from Texas Children’s by visiting the online newsroom and on Twitter at twitter.com/texaschildrens.
No third party considerations will be accepted at this time. Vendors please do not call HR directly to solicit. EOE
Are you student interested in investment management and alternative investments? The Texas Children’s Hospital Investment Team is a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial team where significant responsibilities are available to high-performing junior professionals and interns. If you are looking to gain experience within a nationally ranked organization in the heart of Houston’s Medical Center, this is the opportunity for you!
The Investment Team at Texas Children’s Hospital is responsible for investing over $2 billion in assets across a variety of equity, fixed income and alternative asset (hedge fund private equity) strategies. This team primarily evaluates new opportunities for inclusion in its portfolio, while closely monitoring existing positions and the broader macroeconomic backdrop. Texas Children’s investment internships are essential in the team’s vision for the future. We are searching for individuals who are interested in summer employment and beyond.
- Assists in the investigation of a potential investment
- Prepares investment performance reports and monitors trends and variances
- Monitors and analyzes existing portfolio performance
- Interacts with numerous investment managers across all asset strategies
- Assists in preparation of asset allocation models
- Performs special projects as required
- Enrolled in bachelor’s program in business, finance, or a related field
- Strong academic performance
- Basic knowledge of investments and reporting principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Power Point
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in financial statement analysis and financial modeling required