Investment Analyst,Commercial Real EstateBookmark This
San Francisco, CA
Prudential Real Estate Investors (PREI) is the real estate investment management business of Prudential Financial. PREI is comprised of fund management centers in the US located in Madison, New Jersey, Atlanta, Chicago, New York and San Francisco. PREI has multiple global offices including: Munich, London, Singapore, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. PREI's specialized operating units offer a broad range of investment opportunities and investment management services in the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Australia. PREI’s Principles of Business include doing the right thing, building bridges, valuing our people and working to win; we also place high importance on sustainability.
As of March 30, 2013, PREI managed over $52.2 billion in gross real estate assets ($36 billion net) on behalf of clients worldwide and ranks among the largest real estate investment managers. For more information, please visit http://www.prei.com/.
Investment Analyst Program:
PREI has an Investment Analyst program in the US with positions in all of its US offices. Analysts work with small teams of investment professionals in the Asset Management, Marketing, Merchant Banking, Research, and Transactions units.
There currently is an Investment Analyst position available in the Transactions group in San Francisco, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
Analyze and underwrite investment opportunities for the acquisition and development of commercial properties across all property types, investment structures, and risk profiles
Create cash flow models, sensitivity tables, rent roll analyses, joint venture waterfall models, and other financial analyses required to evaluate and pursue commercial real estate acquisition opportunities
Prepare Investment Committee memoranda and related materials through market research, risk analysis, and in-depth understanding of investment factors
Analyze economic, market, legal, and political conditions within assigned areas
Assist senior transactions professionals in leading the due diligence and closing processes for acquisitions in conjunction with portfolio and asset management teams
Assist asset management teams in property financings, appraisal review, and other activities that may require feedback from the Transactions group
Monitor and/or track acquisition and disposition activity
Assist in property and portfolio level financing
Research and analyze potential new partners and investment ideas
· The Analyst Program is designed to immerse Analysts in PREI's business strategy, principles, and values
· Analysts are encouraged to participate in the CFA program to enhance their knowledge of finance principles
· Analysts are also are eligible to participate in the Regional Mentor Program, an opportunity to be coached by more experienced professionals with whom they can develop insightful one-on-one relationships and ensure continued professional progress to suit long-term career interests
- Bacheolor's degree required; Finance or Real Estate preferred
- Understanding of basic real estate terms and concepts such as net leases, gross leases, contracts, rents, percentage rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, expense recoveries, property types
- Understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, cap rates, internal rate of return, present value/discounted cash flow
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Computer proficiency with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Argus knowledge preferred
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously