Investment Lead Accounting Analyst - Financial ReportingBookmark This
Responsible for leading the process of providing all investment assets balances and related investment activity for the Company's financial statements. Prepares journal entries, performs account reconciliations, prepares monthly and quarterly reports and analyzes investment results and other related investment information. This position ensures the integrity of the investment portfolios. Ability to work within strict deadlines and under minimum supervision.
Interfaces and provides investment-related support to other areas such as Treasury, Tax, Capital Planning and Forecasting. Responsible for assignments that frequently involves strict deadlines. May review completed work performed by other team members.
Lead CAMRA activity, AFICA tax reporting, Crystal reports, report writing/training and special projects and/or problem resolution. Assist in the development of improved workflow and business processes within area(s) to improve customer service, decrease operational costs and improve overall quality and proposed new business processes and/or procedures. Review compiled information for accuracy and completeness. Coordinate preparation and analysis of all financial statements/reports as assigned. Provide support for departmental special projects and prepare tax reporting. Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and all required supporting schedules for all defined compensation plans, defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Assist personnel at various levels by answering questions and supplying information. Input and verification of daily trade activity both internal/external and research all non-matches from custodian banks. Prepare monthly reports to company subsidiaries.
Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external customers.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years or more experience in Accounting or Finance related fields required.
- Knowledge of investments and investment accounting required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and with multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of ERISA, DOL, IRS rules and regulations.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and control projects.
- Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems (Access, Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook) required.
- Ability to lead and contribute to process improvement projects.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- Must understand, interpret and apply all related investment accounting pronouncements to securities types and reports.
- Must have four to six years of experience in investments, financial accounting, reporting and analysis.
- Working knowledge of the CAMRA system is considered a plus.