Investment Operations AssociateBookmark This
Business Group:Prudential Fixed Income, Alternative Products
The Alternative Products reconciliation and bank loan servicing teams are responsible for providing operational support to the Prudential Fixed Income Management Alternative Product business. This includes daily cash and position reconciliations as well as open dialogue with the portfolio managers and relevant internal and external business partners.
Job responsibilities include:
- Reconciling cash on a daily basis between our internal record keeping system, Aladdin and Trustee banks for CDO’s and Prime Brokers for Hedge Funds.
- Reconciling holdings on a daily basis between our internal record keeping system, Aladdin and the Prime Broker for Hedge Fund accounts.
- Reconciling holdings on a weekly basis between our internal record keeping system, Aladdin and the Investment Accounting system, PAM for bank loan General accounts.
- Independently researching and resolving cash and position related discrepancies.
- Proactively communicating issues to relevant business partners.
- Assuming ownership for operational issues that are raised and providing resolution in a manner that considers the impact to other operational areas.
- Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of the funds and taking action to reduce the risk of occurrences.
- Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies.
- Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved for each fund supported.
- Developing an understanding of the fixed income trading business and sharing knowledge with operations teams in order to increase service levels.
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business preferred. (Min. 3.0 overall GPA)
- Outstanding academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, work experience and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Willingness and desire to learn new applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment.
- PC skills with some knowledge of Excel.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment.