JAY Z's Life and Times Winter/Spring Internship 2013Bookmark This
DescriptionAre you creative? Do you have a passion for content? Want to learn about the business of media and entertainment in a start-up environment?
IconicTV is building a multi-channel network of over the top (OTT) premium content channels in three basic verticals: music, lifestyle & multi-cultural. In 2012, IconicTV launched three channels as part of YouTube’s high-profile, premium content creation effort.
About the position:
Iconic TV is looking for interns to work at the JAY Z’s Life + Times Channel. Based on JAY Z’s hugely popular and very personal lifeandtimes.com, the YouTube channel will become a powerful digital platform for Jay’s many passions and interests, while serving as a hub for music, art, and cultural trendsetters. Interns will work alongside staff on discovering fresh content and crafting a voice for this new channel.
Intern activities to include:
• Research: plug into hip-hop, fashion, technology, luxury brands, magazines, websites, blogs, etc.
• Seed interest in new videos on third-party blogs, publications, forums, and other online communities.
• Assisting with a number of social media initiatives, from posting on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and other platforms to engaging the YouTube community.
• Identifying opportunities for collaboration and cross-promotion.
Intern candidates must:
• Have a strong understanding of the Life + Times brand
• Possess excellent writing, editing, and research skills
• Be a creative thinker
• Understand made-for-web video
• Be an active social media consumer, with a strong understanding of how each platform works
• Photoshop, FinalCut, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel skills a major plus
The internship is unpaid but can count as class credit. All candidates should send their resume and quick cover letter along with their days/hours of availability to Stephanie Preiss, email@example.com. Be sure to reference the name of the position for which you are applying in the Subject line of your email. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis so apply early! Our offices are located in Chelsea.