Joy Of The Game Spring & Summer InternshipsBookmark This
Joy Of The Game
158 S. Waukegan Rd.
DescriptionJoy Of The Game, Chicagoland’s Premiere Basketball Facility, is looking for qualified student-interns to assist its award winning staff during the spring and summer of 2012.
The JG Sports Center, located at 158 S. Waukegan Road in Deerfield, Illinois, is a 50,000 square-foot state-of-the-art facility which features two NBA sized wooden courts, two high school regulated courts, a second level observation mezzanine with full scale concession area and much more. More than 100,000 people participate in JG events annually including tournaments, classes, camps, clinics, leagues, birthday parties, bar/bat mitzvahs and court rentals.
Joy Of The Game is also home to the Rising Stars AAU Basketball Club and the Deerfield Jr. Warriors Boys and Girls Feeder Basketball Programs. The JG Sports Center hosts more than 50 events each year, drawing local, national and international talent and recognition.
As a Joy Of The Game Intern, you will have a unique opportunity to work within a fun and fast paced basketball themed environment that caters to persons and players of all ages. From our popular Kinder-Club program to our NCAA Certified Tournaments, Leagues & Events, Joy Of The Game, LLC, continues to flourish as the industry's leader in customer service, customer satisfaction and player development.
Responsibilities* Assist the JG staff in the production and distribution of program/tournament flyers and Constant Contact emails.
* Update the JG website, www.joyofthegame.com, as directed.
* Attend weekend tournaments and events to assist with registration, customer service and multimedia needs (Taking pictures, capturing video, etc).
* Build a photo/video library of JG classes, camps, leagues, tournaments, birthday parties, events and court rentals.
* Manage and update JG's social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) with accurate information and multimedia pieces.
* Contribute to JG's marketing, promotion and communications strategies.
* Assist the JG staff with other duties as needed.
* Display professionalism at all times.
* Possess a strong knowledge and passion for basketball.
* Show an eagerness to learn and a willingness to be taught.
* Be a team player that is kind and courteous to customers and staff alike.
Requirements* Must be a current student receiving academic credit at an accredited college or university (Marketing, Communications or Journalism background preferred but not required).
* Must have own laptop computer (Apple/Mac preferred but not required).
* Available to work a flexible schedule, including various nights and weekends.
* Basic knowledge of HTML (preferred but not required).
* Basic understanding of digital cameras/camcorders (Knowledge of video capturing/editing preferred but not required).
* Proficient in digital/social media websites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTUbe, Flickr, Picasa Web Albums, Foursquare, etc.
Proficient in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Knowledge of Pages for Apple/Mac preferred but not required).
* Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Enthusiastic, creative and inquisitive.
* Ability to work and thrive individually and in a team environment.
* Timeliness and responsiveness to project deadlines.