Jr. Database AdministratorBookmark This
ista North America
3655 North Point Parkway
DescriptionThis position will work with the database team to monitor, administrate and report on the production and lower MS-SQL environments. The candidate will be in the rotation for after hours support of the production and lower environment databases. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for incident ticket management and resolution, as well as:
Responsibilities• Support Client Services with Reports, Queries and data updates.
• Monitor production environment to ensure backups, adhoc refreshes are completed as expected and performance is within acceptable standards.
• Handle support ticket queue.
• Assist production DBAs and Development DBAs in maintaining integrity of the corporate databases.
• Must be very detail oriented and very attentive to the processes.
• Must be able to solve difficult issues under pressure and when needed know when to ask for help.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS, or Technical Studies or equivalent work experience
• 2 years minimum SQL Server Development experience
• Understanding of T-SQL and performance impact of coding practices
• Experience with SSRS
• Understanding of Backup and Restore Methodologies
• Troubleshooting Experience