Junior Enterprise Data Warehouse DeveloperBookmark This
OppenheimerFunds, Inc. has been helping investors achieve their financial goals since 1960. We are one of the nation's largest and most respected asset management companies. OppenheimerFunds and its controlled affiliates offer a broad range of products and services to individuals, corporations and institutions, including mutual funds, separately managed accounts, investment management for institutions, qualified retirement plans and sub advisory investment-management services.
OppenheimerFunds is seeking an experienced and motivated technologist to join our Corporate Technology Group as a Data Warehouse Developer. As part of this team you will be responsible for developing and maintaining data repositories and reporting frameworks that support the OppenheimerFunds Sales organization. You will be working with the latest Oracle technology and large amounts of data so you must have prior experience with Enterprise scale Production data warehouses, data marts, and reporting/analysis technologies.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining large scale production data marts in an Oracle and Sybase environment
- Designing, developing, and maintaining high performing databases and related structures such as procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, and materialized views
- Designing, developing, and maintaining high performing ETL processes and ELT using PL/SQL
- Designing, developing, and maintaining star schemas (dimensions, facts, and measures)
- Demonstrates understanding of concepts, best practices and functions of a data warehouse in the corporate environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance issues with overall infrastructure
- Ability to write advanced PL/SQL programs (performance tuning, packages, triggers, exceptions, collections)
- Strong proficiency for analyzing source data and creating staging designs and dimensional data models
- Must be able to interact with business stakeholders at all levels to gather requirements, create technical specification and design and implement a solution
- Willingness to challenge and change the status quo, bring new approaches and ideas to the table
- Must have the ability to work independently and manage communication up and down.
Experience and Education:
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 1-3years of experience working in an Oracle, Informatica, UNIX production data warehousing environment as a Data Warehouse developer
- 1-3 years of experience designing and implementing ETL processes using Informatica PowerCenter
- 1-3years of experience with Oracle databases (10g or higher preferred) and expertise in SQL and PL/SQL programming and performance tuning on UNIX
- 1-3years of experience developing UNIX shell scripts to support initiating and monitoring ETL processes
- 1-2 years of experience with Erwin and PowerDesigner for data modeling
- In depth knowledge of Cognos, including framework and report design, development and implementation
- Mutual Fund or Sales business knowledge
OFI Core Competencies
Define Vision Focus on Results
Understand the current business context and clearly define and articulate the intended future direction for the company and department. Set challenging, realistic, outcome driven goals that reflect an exciting vision for how the Company will innovate or compete in an evolving marketplace.
Manage Change Take Action
Challenge the current state and make a compelling case for change and drive continuous improvement to achieve future objectives. Operate with flexibility and urgency and embrace good ideas from any source. Make decisions that align with the Company's priorities and values.
Build Relationships Collaborate
Build high-performance teams and coalitions that are focused on addressing the needs of the business. Form and sustain valuable internal and external business relationships and networks. Collaborate productively and with integrity to achieve and deliver results
Give Feedback Be Accountable
Provide constructive performance-shaping feedback to individuals and groups regarding the quality and effectiveness of work. Improve performance and output by assessing patterns of success and failure. Look for opportunities to coach others and make others successful. Take personal responsibility and honor commitments.
The candidate must be comfortable with continuous change and demonstrate commitment by abiding to OFI's Corporate Values: