Junior Messaging EngineerBookmark This
Westwind Solutions LLC
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionPosition in Santa Monica, CA, 90401
Supporting an Exchange 2010 based messaging environment with 2500 end users. Responsibilities will include all aspects relating to the support of the Exchange and Active directory environment including but not limited to Domain controllers, Client, Symantec IM Manager, Kemp Load balancer, Quest Message Stats, Quest Spotlight, Quest ChangeAuditor, Blackberry mobile devices, Good Technologies and Microsoft FOPE among other products. Future projects being planned include a deployment of Microsoft Lync unified communication system and replacement of email archiving system
Position Background:The Systems Engineer 5 will focus on one or more of the following areas collectively referred to as systems:
messaging (email, email archive, IM, blackberry, Good)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design solutions to unique systems problems of high complexity and with companywide impact.
- Assist in the overall architecture of the enterprise systems environment.
- Serve as an escalation point for medium to highly complex systems problems in the company.
- Self starter who can anticipate issues that could delay or impact projects or create production problems and proactively resolve them without direction from others.
- Provide supervision of other staff on one large or several medium projects. Staff could span multiple areas of expertise: network Server, Security, Storage, data base management, applications development, etc.
- Provide technical support for complex, medium to high risk systems problems
- Install and test complex systems monitoring tools including where substantial customization is required
- Develop technical diagrams and documentation
- Lead efforts to rack and stack and install equipment in any company location including enterprise data centers.
- Very good judgment as judgment errors could create company wide outages possibly costing the company millions of dollars.
- Apply policies to situations with significant interpretation and situations of high risk
- Ability to instill cooperation and/or resolve problems on activities that span other areas such as network, data base management, applications development, and other systems areas such as server, storage, security, messaging.
- Review the work of and supervise more junior team members.
- Serve as mentor to other staff; develop junior staff; contribute material input to management on hire, fire, and promotion decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE or comparable discipline preferred;
- Ten plus years prior work experience in a systems areas in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Expert level of knowledge in at least one systems area, near expert level of knowledge in at least 2 additional systems areas; sufficient level of knowledge in remaining systems areas and other technical areas such as data base management and networking so that incumbent can represent his/her area on major cross functional problems that span other areas.
- Broad Knowledge of diagramming tools and monitoring tools
- Good organizational skills and superior problem solving ability
- Very effective people leadership skills, ability to mentor and develop very high performing people.
- Ability to explain complex problems and concepts to all levels in the organization.
- Ability to manage a work queue in a ticketing system
- Team player attitude, good interpersonal skills,
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately