Kiva Partner Training Intern (80-557)Bookmark This
875 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA
Kiva.org was founded upon the fundamental principle that connecting people through lending can help alleviate poverty. To ensure that it succeeds, the company, along with its user base, provides borrowers with the seed capital needed to generate income, and thereby live a life of sustainability and independence. So far, this approach has enabled Kiva to raise $437 million in loans for 1,051,000+ entrepreneurs in 68 countries, momentum which it looks to continue in the coming years as it positions itself to achieve $1 billion in loans across a variety of sectors by 2015.
Kiva Partner Training Intern Role:Job Description:
The Partner Training Intern will play a key role in the production of a new series of training videos for Kiva’s Field Partners. The purpose of the videos is to train new Field Partners on critical tasks related to Kiva, such as how to obtain consent from borrowers in the field, how to post loans to Kiva’s website, and how to report and remit repayments to Kiva. The videos will be produced in English, French, and Spanish, and will comprise narrated slideshows, screencasts, and quizzes. The completion of these videos will enable Kiva to bring on new Field Partners more rapidly and scale its impact around the world.
Translation Project Management - Wholly manage the translation of videos into French and Spanish, including:
- Manage translation of scripts/slides/etc. by an outside agency
- Work with Kiva staff to review translations for quality
- Work with Kiva staff to re-record narrations and screencasts
- Produce finished videos using Camtasia software
General Video Production
- Review footage and transcripts from video taken in the field
- Highly organized with an aptitude for working in a start-up environment. This means being able to take on multiple projects, manage your time to meet deadlines, and happily tackle work that ranges from high level responsibilities to tedious tasks.
- Strong execution orientation; proven ability to deliver quality and on-time projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable learning new technologies
- Basic French and Spanish skills
- BA degree
Not required but highly desired:
- Experience with managing translation or localization projects
- Experience with Camtasia or other video production software (training will be provided otherwise)
- Opportunity to join one of the highest-profile nonprofits in the world.
- Experience coordinating global marketing efforts for a large audience.
- References gladly given to successful interns.
Resume and cover letter required. Please specify your availability in the cover letter.