Kiva's Product Management Intern (137-557)Bookmark This
875 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA
Kiva.org was founded upon the fundamental principle that connecting people through lending can help alleviate poverty. To ensure that it succeeds, the company, along with its user base, provides borrowers with the seed capital needed to generate income, and thereby live a life of sustainability and independence. So far, this approach has enabled Kiva to raise over $500 million in loans for a million borrowers in over 70 countries.
Product Management Intern
Kiva is seeking an enthusiastic Product Management Intern that will support product development at Kiva. The ideal candidate will bring a passion and intuition for consumer web products and/or B2B applications. You will work directly with the Director of Product Management and the product and engineering teams. This internship will require that you flex your operational, technical and marketing skills in working across the organization and is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in breaking into Product Management.
Help gather requirements for and create product specifications
Participate in user and market research
Triage website issues
Set up and analyze on-site experiments
Support the product management team as needed
RequirementsSkills / Qualifications / Experience:
Educational background in computer science, marketing, or design
Strong interest in and understanding of consumer web applications
Experience working in an agile or lean environment preferred, but not required
Hands-on nature and deep willingness to dig in and tackle tough problems
Superior writing and communication skills
Highly proactive and able to work independently
Experience as a Kiva lender is strongly preferred
Hands-on experience in a highly sought-after career path
Broad and flexible role, providing exposure to a number of different parts of the Kiva organization
Opportunity to engage in, and learn about, entrepreneurialism in a controlled environment – while learning from individuals with industry-leading experience in the microfinance arena.
Kiva Internships are unpaid and require interns to work at our San Francisco Headquarters a minimum of 3 days per week. We highly suggest you have the availability before submitting an application.
1. Have your resume and cover letter ready. Your cover letter should tell us why you want to be a part of Kiva, why an internship fits into your life at this time, and how a Kiva Internship will support your overall career aspirations.
2. Click the "New Resume/CV" button in the "Apply" box below.
3. On the next page, select "Upload a resume/CV document", click continue.
4. Choose file: Please attach resume and cover letter as a single PDF Doc (2 pages, 1 doc) called "YourName_Resume&CL". You must submit a cover letter along with your resume for consideration.
5. Complete the rest of the application.
6. After reviewing your application in Step 8, clicking "Continue" will submit your application.
Applications are due by: Sunday, April 20th, 2014. However, we review applications on a rolling basis and due to the Internship Program's competitive nature, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible. We will review your application then match your skills and experiences to a particular departmental need at Kiva.