LVN/LPT (Part-Time, All Shifts) - Oakland, CaliforniaBookmark This
As part of the Telecare family, Heritage is a 26 bed acute program. Heritage clients typically stay from 24 hours – 7 days. The treatment philosophy at Heritage is based on the premise that during the acute phase of illness all individuals have the potential to rehabilitate and to make choices about their environments for living, learning, working and socializing. Treatment concentrates on symptom reduction and preparation for discharge. Nursing and support staff join with the medical and social work staff to plan clients' treatment and assure transition back to the community as quickly as clinically appropriate.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse provides services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. The LVN provides documentation to the Medical Director and Treatment Team of response to treatment and notifies all parties of clinical changes of condition.
- One year of experience in psychiatric nursing in a skilled nursing facility or an acute hospital is preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse and current license by the State of California is also required.
- Valid CPR Certificate is also required.
- Necessary skills include a demonstrated understanding of psychiatric illness, Psychiatric Rehabilitation principles, knowledge of psychotropic medications and knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the delivery of mental health services in the State of California.
- Applicant must be fingerprinted, sign under penalty of perjury that there has been no conviction of any crime, other than minor traffic offenses and receive clearance from the Department of Justice.