Assistant Curator for GaleriasBookmark This
ALAC: Arizona Latin@ Arts & Cultural Center~Galeria 147
147 E. Adams St.
DescriptionALAC: Arizona Latino Arts & Cultural Center is a 50lc3 Non-Profit and Non-Partisan organization. We are located in 'Heart of downtown Phoenix." Our primary mission is to promote, preserve and create and showcase Latino/Xicano/Indigenous arts and cultures.
Community Outreach is important to ALAC and efficient and creative methods to collaborate with other arts organizations is critical.
Date for Hire: Immediately: Fall Semester or Spring Semester or Summers
Benefits: -Earn credits to be applied to graduation.
A positive, high energy and fast paced environment with professional
staff, mentors and artists. Our team consists of dedicated individuals who
wish to serve communities through programming of visual, performing
arts and literary arts.
Candidates: Seeking students and individuals who wish to work in a "team" and in a creative place.
Responsibilities- Assist in managing gallery operations
- Support and expand public relations with collectors, media contacts, artists and the general public
- Assist in management, research, communication and coordination of installations
- Assist during events and receptions
- Maintain website, blog and social media network presence
- Handle and curate valuable artwork
Requirements- Passion for visual and/or performing arts; desire to actively become involved in the art community
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, basic HTML, MS Office Suite