Lab Assistant 2 SEBookmark This
Fresenius Medical Care
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Specimen Entry Operators are responsible for the timely processing of patient samples received from our internal and external accounts. These processes include both data entry and specimen handling functions.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Enter patient data and tests accurately in the LIS system.
- Verify original entry.
- Log Reference Lab tests into the Speed-Ware sub-system.
- Review reports indicating all orders are completed with test results.
- Pursue and resolve issues from Tubes Without Test/s report.
- Investigate and resolve problem requisitions and samples.
- Verify, quality of samples received, appropriate samples, and requisitions.
- Prepare samples to be distributed to the individual departments, as well as prepare samples for reference lab testing.
- Cancel tests, within specified time limits, that are ordered without the appropriate samples.
- Routinely attend compliance and OSHA training.
- Attend staff and inter-departmental meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors or lead operators.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college credit preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· 2 years Data Entry required, including one year lab experience preferred
· Accurate typist with experience on numerical keyboard.
· Some exposure to laboratory computer system and/or medical lab and specimen processing preferred.