Landscape Steward InternBookmark This
Capital District Community Gardens
40 River Street
DescriptionAbout Capital District Community Gardens
For more than 35 years, Capital District Community Gardens (CDCG) has worked to reduce the impact poor nutrition has had on public health in the Capital Region by organizing urban community gardens, offering healthy food access, providing nutritional and horticultural education for all ages, and coordinating urban greening programs.
Landscape Steward Intern:
• Work with members of the gardening program to help improve unused common spaces within a garden
• Take steps to develop communal flower, herb or berry patches in areas under-utilized or overgrown with nuisance plants.
• Hours and days are dependent on season
• Unpaid, college credit may be available
Interns will have the opportunity to pursue related interests and special projects toward fulfillment of the program. Spring, summer and fall internships are available.
This position reports to the Garden Organizers. Please send a cover letter and resume to Tara Quackenbush, Senior Garden Organizer, at email@example.com with the subject line “Gardens Steward Intern.”
• Motivated and energetic person
• Enjoy working outside (landscaping, gardening experience is a plus)
• Have an interest in soil science (applies to Soil Structure Intern)
• Strong interpersonal communications and computer skills
• Must be passionate about helping community members grow their own food