Lead Dental AssistantBookmark This
Pacific Dental Services
Las Vegas, NV
POSITION: Lead Dental Assistant
Are you looking to join a stable company that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution, and provides you with a career rather than just a job?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· The primary role of the Lead Assistant (LA) is to assist the dentist as necessary to gain the patient’s commitment for the best possible treatment with urgency.
· Prep patients for oral exams; and assist Dentists throughout procedure.
· Assist Clinicians in obtaining and maintaining patient histories.
· Complete radiographic images and intraoral photos when appropriate.
· Educate patients in oral care; and ensure the sterility of instruments and operatory before subsequent patients arrive.
· Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
· Actively deliver the Perfect Patient Experience® by striving to keep your patients focused on the best
· At the direction of the dentist, complete x-rays and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate.
· Present instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or
· At the direction of the dentist, instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
· Lead assistants must lead by example and supervise, train, and direct all other dental assistants to ensure they
can perform to the best of their abilities.
· Help lead morning huddles when necessary and participate in meetings as required.
· For ideal patient flow, manage employee breaks and lunches to ensure adequate coverage.
· Be responsible for maintaining an appropriate and adequate clinical supply in the dental practice, while simultaneously remaining fiscally responsible by adhering to the established budget.
· Perform monthly audits, or more frequently as required.
· Perform daily, weekly and/or monthly maintenance on dental equipment. Educate team on basic
maintenance, as appropriate. For broken equipment, follow maintenance and repair guidelines.
· Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
WHAT WE SEEKOur ideal candidates possess the following qualifications: · This post requires even-tempered analytics that can render appropriate decisions practical solutions. · Must be attentive listeners who constructively address problems, suggestions, issues. · Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration, Or · Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: As mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, x-ray exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc.).
WHAT WE OFFERYour commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.