Lead Financial AnalystBookmark This
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Advance your Information Technology (IT) career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company.
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and casualty insurance. Our financial strength and profitability rely on the skills, knowledge, and creativity of more than 50,000 employees worldwide. As number 81 on Fortune Magazines list of the 100 largest corporations in the U.S., we have the resources and training our employees need to drive our business forward and be successful in an ever-evolving, complex world.
Liberty Mutual Global Specialty IT is actively searching for a Lead Financial Analyst. Global Specialty IT provides support and operations for all global specialty lines including Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), Liberty Syndicates, Liberty Mutual Surety (LMS), and Liberty Mutual Reinsurance (LMR) through one unified IT team. In this role you will be responsible for preparing or overseeing critical and complex financial and/or operational reports and analysis in accordance with accounting principles. Performs complex financial analysis utilizing moderate to advanced technical accounting knowledge. Provides guidance and/or solutions on the most complex accounting issues. Oversees maintenance and controls of financial systems and continuously improves operational processes. Independently provides accounting, finance services, and technical expertise in support of internal and external customers. Researches exceptions/variances, and identifies and resolves issues as they arise. Presents findings/recommendations to Management.
- Prepares and reviews complex standard and ad hoc reports (monthly, quarterly and annual book close; which includes account reconciliations, control checks, manual journal entries, preparation of financial statements) utilizing a broad knowledge of accounting principles. Presents findings/recommendations to Management.
- Responsible for complex accounting and financial analysis. Prepares reports efficiently and effectively utilizing advanced technical accounting knowledge. Ensures appropriate use of historical information and current trends. Understands regulatory environment. Identifies, recommends and executes resolutions to issues as they arise.
- Responsible for following enterprise risk management and compliance procedures. Follows risk management and quality compliance processes to include quality control compliance (i.e. OFAC, attestation). Follows safeguards to protect company assets and ensure compliance with Corporate and Company procedures.
- Leads projects of moderate to high scope and complexity. Communicates project opportunities and constraints to Management while monitoring project status. May also actively participate in cross-functional project of moderate to complex scope
- Responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining efficient, cost effective, processes, controls and data management; including how departments interact.
- Reviews work, serves as a technical resource, and provides feedback, training and guidance to Accountants and other cross-functional professionals.