Lead IT Security AnalystBookmark This
Oak Brook, IL
Join our dynamic, progressive team of IT professionals in an environment where you can learn, grow, and create innovative technology solutions to help our business flourish. Become a part of our rich heritage that has grown from a small family business to a global organization with a presence in over 180 countries.
At the heart of the Kellogg Company is technology a key enabler of how we market, sell and manufacture our well-known and beloved brands to consumers around the globe.
We have an opening for you to grow with us as Lead IT Security Analyst in Oak Brook, IL. This critical role will be within the IT Security Governance, Risk, and Compliance organization, responsible for executing and managing multi-faceted projects related to: risk management, mitigation and response; compliance; control assurance; and user awareness. This role will be focused on developing and driving security strategies, policies/standards, ensuring the effectiveness of solutions, and providing security-focused consultative services to the organization. This individual will provide expertise and assistance to all IT projects to ensure the company's infrastructure and information assets are protected.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
In your role as Lead IT Security Analyst you will help Kellogg grow our business and build on our success by:
- Participating in security planning and analyst activities
- Work in combination with Project Managers to ensure Security is engaged in projects
- Developing, refining and implementing of enterprise wide security policies, procedures and standards to meet Kellogg's compliance responsibilities
- Monitoring compliance with security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Developing processes and procedures for the IT audit governance program
- Working with customers to identify security requirements using methods that may include risk and business impact assessments
- Working closely with IT and development teams to design secure infrastructure solutions and applications, facilitating the implementation of protective and mitigating controls
- Monitoring risk mitigation and coordinating policy and controls to ensure that other managers are taking effective remediation steps
- Developing and managing security measures for information systems to prevent security breaches
- Participating in security investigations and compliance reviews as requested by external auditors
- Conducting and reports on internal investigations of possible security violations
- Performing security monitoring, analyzes security alerts and escalates security alerts to local support teams
- Defining and validating baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, networking and telecommunications equipment
- Interfacing with third-party vendors to evaluate new security products or as part of a security assessment process
- Reviewing IT security operations dashboards and metrics and escalate issues as needed
- Developing and delivering security awareness and compliance training programs
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg Company, we recruit the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or other related field, or related work experience
- Knowledge and experience with various IT governance and control frameworks (NIST, COBIT, COSO, ITIL, etc.)
- Familiarity with security regulations in compliance legislation and other directives including PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, ISO 27001 is a plus
Additionally, candidate must be able to:
- Breakdown raw information and undefined problems into specific, workable components that in-turn clearly identifies the issues at hand
- Make logical conclusions, anticipates obstacles and considers different approaches that are relevant to the decision making process
- Improve organizational performance though the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services
- Employ sound judgment in determining how innovations will be deployed to produce return on investment
- Identify, document, and monitor key business processes needed to achieve successful business results. Map and document processes while developing framework for process improvement
- Identify and act upon opportunities for continuous improvement
- Encourage prudent risk-taking, exploration of alternative approaches, and organizational learning
- Demonstrate personal commitment to change through actions and words, and mobilize others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty
- Achieve desired results by taking a systematic approach to work and by following defined work processes
- CISA, CISSP, CRISC preferred
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.