Lead Office Assistant (FT, Varied)Bookmark This
The Woodlands, TX
DescriptionBASIC FUNCTION: Position is responsible for managing an administrative function of a department or general office. Also, responsible for performing complex and diversified administrative duties for a department or general office.
1. High School graduate or GED.
2. At least eight years current clerical experience.
3. Advanced computer skills, supervisory skills and ability to manage a function.
4. Must have ability to perform complex and diverse administrative duties that involve application of procedures, independent analysis, interpretation of data and demonstrated appropriate judgement.
5. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
1. Manages a primary function for a department or general office.
2. Orients and trains employees regarding system and hospital policies and procedures. May be responsible for directing and reviewing work of lower level office clerks.
3. Develops and produces reports, letters, memorandum, minutes and other departmental correspondence. Maintains and updates files for area of responsibility.
4. Identifies and responds to problems with appropriate action and follow-up. Reviews departmental process to seek improvement.
5. Adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
6. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.