Legal InternBookmark This
56 W 22nd Street
New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
DescriptionRightsFlow seeks a current law student with a desire for practical experience in licensing, music law, copyright, corporate, and e-commerce law for an internship during the spring semester.
RightsFlow is a leading provider of mechanical licensing services and royalty payment technology for online music services, record companies, distributors, artists, and songwriters. The RightsFlow technology powers rapid song identification and provides an unprecedented level of transparency for both licensees and licensors. RightsFlow specializes in obtaining bulk physical, DPD, and ringtone licenses including streaming, tethered, and limited download rights. Our proprietary “FLOW” licensing technology and 20+ million song database allow us to license content, render accounting, and pay royalties on behalf of clients quickly and accurately, ensuring that rights-holders are paid for the use of their work.
RightsFlow currently serves over 10,000 clients obtaining licenses from publishers and songwriters all over the world – including major, independent and artist controlled works. Clients include Rhapsody, Muzak, The Orchard, Guvera, Scattertunes, Amie Street, [PIAS], Alliance, Kontor New Media, INgrooves, Zynga, Beatport, Hoodiny, CAM, Zebralution, E1 Canada, CD Baby, Disc Makers, Christian Copyright Solutions & X5 Music Group.
RightsFlow is a Member of DDEX, DiMA, NARM and A2IM.
• Current law student with interest in the music industry or copyright issues
• Demonstrated strong legal research, communication, and analytical skills
• Highly organized with keen attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a startup environment
• Assist the General Counsel and Business Affairs team in the daily operations of the department
• Conduct legal research and review and draft licenses and other agreements
• Assist with client projects
• Provide legal support for the Licensing, Publishing and Limelight teams
• Perform administrative duties as needed