Legal Internship - Paralegal or Pre-Law Students - for Summer and Fall Semesters of 2013Bookmark This
Salt Lake City, UT
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Federated Capital Corporation is a diversified financial services firm with headquarters in Metro Detroit. We are seeking a motivated and upbeat legal student to gain some experience and exposure to the entire litigation process from start to finish. The ideal student will have poise, professionalism and confidence necessary to succeed.
Internship Title: Legal Intern
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Learn start to finish litigation processes in the debt collections and transaction fields, including obtaining default judgments, motion practice, discovery practice, contract drafting and review, case review, and drafting correspondence.
For immediate consideration, students should submit their cover letter and resume in Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) format to Megan with “Legal Internship” in the Subject Line. At this time, we are only able to respond to interns we feel will best match our Company, Drive, Values, and Ethics. All resumes will be kept on file for a period of time. Thank you for your time and interest in our opportunity! Federated Capital Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ResponsibilitiesAreas you will gain experience and exposure to include:
• Legal research & writing;
• Aiding in the preparation of and attending hearings;
• Relationship building with local court staff & attorneys;
• Compliance to Company’s established policies and procedures;
• Legal updates and reports for status and progress of cases;
• Compliance with relevant state and federal laws governing debt collection; and
• Transactional work including drafting contracts for service, non-disclosure and/or non-compete agreements, and contract review.
RequirementsQualifications & Requirements:
• Effective, professional and proper English Grammar communication skills, written, electronic and verbal
• Capable of multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing workload
• Comfortable working independently and with minimal support and direction
• Persevering, flexible, adaptable, problem solver and determined
• Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, private and professional manner
• MUST be a current student at accredited college or university and be enrolled in pre-law or paralegal or criminal justice program
• Pay: Unpaid volunteer internship – preferably for school credit.
• Hours: 8-20 hours per week (we can be flexible – as long as the hours are done Monday thru Friday between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm)