Licensing/Product Development Fall InternBookmark This
121 New York Ave
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Full-time, Unpaid
DescriptionThis position will identify opportunities for development of new products; learn the strategic analysis of waste streams. Responsibilities include working with development team to establish product plans based on market trends and vendor development of new products. You will have the chance to work with our polymer scientist learn how to improve properties of plastics composites to meet specific applications as well as , learn to define and categorize the markets by pre-determined skill set of each recycler as well as prospective licensing partners.
Please send in your resume, cover letter indicating what excites you about TerraCycle's Licensing department.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Function and Responsibilities:
• Provides support and project management as needed for ad-hoc assignments.
• Work with the R&D team on the development of material and time estimates for project planning and control.
• Conduct research to identify clients that will most benefit from the use of the TerraCycle material.
• Assist in the implementation of rate changes and pricing strategies.
• Design, develop and conduct experiments along with analyzing data to support research projects.
• Education: college undergraduate or grad school student
• Experience with MS Office software including MSWord and Excel
• Interest in learning basic science and engineering
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.