Lifeguard InternBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
DescriptionThe Hillcrest Event Center is offering a Lifeguard Internship for students interested in Lifeguarding. This internship will prepare students for an exciting position as a lifeguard which includes ensuring the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies.
Responsibilities• Skilled in swimming.
• Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
• Ability to perform rescue actions, administer first aid and CPR.
• As a lifeguard, your primary responsibility is to maintain a safe swimming environment by enforcing all rules and regulations of the pool and surrounding area.
• In addition to rule enforcement, a pool lifeguard may be responsible for chemical maintenance and record-keeping.
• A lifeguard is also responsible for inspecting the facility on a daily basis and reporting any unsafe conditions or faulty equipment to the office.
• Greets, acknowledges, engages and interacts with members.
• Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants.
• Immediately rescue swimmers in danger of drowning and administer CPR
• Ensures swimmers are aware of potentially dangerous swim areas and activities.
• Quickly and efficiently responds to member questions, comments, and concerns.
• Provides a safe, clean and organized pool area.
Requirements• American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid
• Exercise regularly to maintain fitness level (strength and endurance).
• Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor.