Lifeguards/Swim InstructorsBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Hartford
241 Trumbull Street
Description. Under the direct supervision of the Aquatic Director the Lifeguard/Swim Instructor will assist in teaching swimming lessons and will uphold the rules and the guidelines of the pool to ensure the safest environment for all members.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford is conveyed.
Requirements• Must be 16 years of age or older.
• Must have current YMCA Lifeguarding or Red Cross Lifeguarding.
• Must have CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification, AED, and Oxygen Administration.
• Must have Basic First Aid certification.
• Prior experience working with children in a sports related environment, swimming environment preferred.
• Ability to use independent judgment when needed.
• Ability to interact with children.
Employment is subject to a background check.