Linux Systems Administrator (Level I) in Herndon, VABookmark This
12100 Sunset Hills Rd
DescriptionSets-up and maintain an UNIX/Linux Network, including installations of UNIX/Linux and/or client server operating system software and hardware including, UNIX/Linux supporting tools and interface support.
ResponsibilitiesDuties may include the following:
• Maintains and updates as required UNIX/Linux Network, including patching of system applications and software upgrades.
• Monitors and maintains users over the network including individual user’s server space, access rights, login availability and other security settings.
• Monitor each workstation, ensuring that they are in working condition.
• Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
• Perform UNIX/Linux administration duties including installation, maintenance, and integration of all facets of UNIX/Linux system software products including system backups and recovery.
• Maintain security configuration management software, hardware system/component controls and documentation/procedures in accordance with organizational directives and relevant to the IT systems managed and operated by the organization.
• Conducting, or assisting security staff in conducting, internal system reviews and audits in accordance with organizational defined policy/procedures to ensure system/component settings remain in order as specified by security guidelines and STIGS.
• Keeping Task Lead informed on project status, issues and daily events.