Looking for UNPAID Spanish and Mandarin Summer Camp Counselors!Bookmark This
Lango of Prince George's County
Various locations throughout Prince George's County/Bowie, MD (camp)
Upper Marlboro, MD
DescriptionLango, a national foreign-language program, is seeking teachers for its Spanish and Mandarin camps and classes for children (ages 1-10) to be taught throughout Prince George’s County Maryland beginning in the Summer of 2013. We are looking for individuals that are energetic, outgoing and eager to engage children through very fast-paced dynamic and interactive games, movement and music-based classes. A high level of comfort with dramatic play, puppets and physical activities is a must for this job. If you have not done this type of work, make sure will really enjoy it before you contact us! These are extremely fun classes but they require that you be flexible and open to new and creative approaches to teaching a foreign language to young children!
Hours and Compensation:
Hours are quite flexible. Our classes for Tot & Parent are typically in the am and early afternoon and Pre-school and Elementary classes are in the late afternoon. We also offer classes on the weekends and summer camp from July 15 through August 16.
This is an unpaid internship that can be used for college credit or community service hours. We also look awesome on your resume! The number of classes you teach will depend on your availability. Hours typically range from 6 – 15 hours a week for classes. Summer camp is 35 hours a week. Ideal for a student with a part-time or flexible schedule.
For more information about Lango, please visit our website at www.princegeorgeslango.org
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Here's a tip: When applying for internships, it's always best to tailor your resume and cover letter to EACH position you apply for.)
We look forward to hearing from you! Due to the overwhelming number of candidates, we will only contact the most highly qualified candidates for initial screening.
• Teach or assist teacher in dynamic 30 or 45 minute play-based immersion classes (very little English is spoken) to one more of our class levels:
o Parent & Tot for children ages 18 months-3 years old (with caregivers)
o Pre-school for children 3-5 years old
o Elementary for children 5-9 years old
• Use feedback gained in teaching these classes to further develop and improve the curriculum and materials.
• Assist Camp Director and/or Camp Counselor with administering Spanish or Mandarin Camp to students 4 through 8 years of age with differing levels of language expertise.
• Fluency in one or more of these three languages - Spanish or Mandarin – native or fully fluent with no discernible American accent
• Experience teaching young children, preferably in an immersion language context
• Incredibly energetic and dramatic; an outgoing personality, high level of enthusiasm, self-confidence and no self-consciousness are a must for this position!
• Some academic background in foreign language and foreign language instruction, preferably to young children.
• You must have your own reliable transportation, have frequent access to email, complete a criminal background check, and become CPR and First Aid certified to teach our classes.
Other Beneficial Qualifications:
• Experience with children’s theater, music or art
• Crafting and games experience
• Singing, dancing, or theater acting experience: