MBA Intern Data ArchitectureBookmark This
Clinical Licensure Required :N/A
Job Type:Full Time Position Summary:
CVS Caremark offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 13 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
This role offers the intern the opportunity to assist in architecting and engineering the installation/deployment of a Big Data platform that will be used by our many business areas to advance the ability for them to explore/discover federated data in order to define new opportunities thus continuing the success of CVS Caremark.
The Data Architecture intern will work in the Information Technology (IT) area of the company within the Enterprise Data Architecture organization reporting up through our Chief Information Officer (CIO). The intern role will be a key contributor in the introduction of our first Big Data platform. The intern will have the opportunity to:
* Participate in defining the Big Data framework, which includes creating/modifying procedures/policies related to user guidelines and establish best practices
* Learn new data architecture principles and technologies such as Big Data, hadoop, Aster (discovery layer)
* Work and understand how the Business and IT collaborate/strategize with the outcome of better data intelligence
* Support the strategic direction of our Modern Data Architecture which includes data warehousing, Big Data (data repository) , semantic/business layers
* Be expose to the thinking and problem solving techniques of a highly skilled/seasoned data architecture staff
* Contribute to understanding and best use of open source technologies related to Big Data such as sqoop, pig, hive, etc.
* Create logical/physical data architecture diagrams Required Qualifications:
* Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program. * Computer Science or related technical study * Strong knowledge of Data Architecture principles including relational databases, data modeling and data structures through their education * Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to listen and quickly understand, then be able to formulate various solutions and provide pros/cons of each * Powerful Communicator: be able express yourself so that others clearly understand both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization * Team Player: be able to participate and work in a team atmosphere, work together towards a common goal * Initiative: Ability to think creatively and be a self-starter with limited guidance and coaching and to proactively develop and present potential solutions Preferred Qualifications:
* Masters focused study includes data, database management, computer science engineering, or data architecture Education:
* Candidates must be enrolled in a one or two year MBA program Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.