MBA Pricing InternBookmark This
DescriptionTitle – MBA Pricing Intern
Organization – Global Strategic Pricing (Finance)
Position Overview – Provide analytic and strategic input across the Global Strategic Pricing organization in support of projects designed to 1) set new and existing product prices; 2) develop processes, tools, and insight to improve bid efficiency; and 3) identify the most appropriate pricing strategies to support revenue growth.
Job Specific Responsibilities
Interns will be assigned a specific project for the summer with a focus on one of the following areas:
· Analyze pricing models across existing and newly acquired products and services.
· Assess and support the optimization of pricing policies, processes and practices.
· Developing metrics, analytics, and insights that identify opportunities to increase profitability and perceived customer value for Product and BU Leadership.
· Review deal pricing and financials; support cost or deal optimization to improve win probability and financial results.
· Perform ad hoc pricing analyses for financial and sales management as needed.
· Cross functional teams including: Finance, Sales, IT, Product, and Marketing.
· Understanding customer value perceptions and translating into actionable product pricing and bundling strategies.
· Strong MS Excel skills required.
· Initiative and drive to perform in a fast-paced, innovative, self-starting environment
· Collaborative mindset with ability to contribute individually and within a team
· Strong Communication – Ability to present to and influence others through data, insight, and persuasion.
· Personal Drive – Willingness to go the extra mile in uncovering and solving tough business problems.
· Analytics – Strong capability in creating pricing analytics in support of Sales, Product, Finance, and executives.
· Team Player – Willingness to be a part of a strong team and contribute to a strong culture across organizations.
Business Segment Overview
First Data’s Shared Services organization, including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, and Marketing, supports the company’s mission to drive our customers’ success with the best products, consultative advice, and ongoing service available in the industry. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing business units in a model that drives cross-company consistency while still allowing the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals.
Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise First Data needs to retain and grow our employee base, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build equity around our brand.
First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.