MCG Software Intern (MS Level) 2014Bookmark This
DescriptionJob Description: Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a software technical nature.
Requirement is for a Field test Intern in Mobile Communications Group.
In the FT role, you will have the opportunity to build and test software releases for mobile baseband processor, run 2G/3G/LTE tests on target hardware, report test results and enter problems into bug database and retest fixed bugs.
In the role, you will also have the opportunity to validate problems reported by the customer, assist System Debuggers in validating problems reported by the customer and validating fixes on target HW, write or assist in the development of test plans and procedures as needed, analyze a problem and complete detailed reports, reproduce and document the bugs during testing and communicate them to different groups/teams.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Follow methodical processes and document results precisely
- Have methodical problem solving skills
- Be detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate test results to other team members
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a dynamic,high-pressure and team oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible hours and be available on weekends as needed. Job may require late work hours
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 3 months experience with software/programming languages (i.e. C, C , C#, Visual Basic/.NET. Perl, Python, Java, etc.)