MDO Software Development Engineer Intern (BS Level) 2014Bookmark This
Santa Clara, CA
Job Description: Come intern with Intel's Manufacturing Development Organization (MDO) as a Software Engineering Intern. In this position, you will be responsible for the development and/or support of software based applications, tools, and databases used to manage microprocessor product data across Intel's global validation labs. Activities include documenting decisions, adhering to standards and communicating with business groups.
Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year. The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Engaging in all aspects of software and database architecture including designing, developing, and sustaining of applications for Intel's Worldwide Validation Labs.
- Implementing and/or supporting efficient software technology and databases for managing microprocessor inventory control and test operation data throughout Intel's Worldwide Validation Labs.
- Developing and supporting software automation to improve the microprocessor test and execution methodologies.
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other science/engineering related field. - Must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship - Minimum of 3 months experience with developing applications in .NET* (C#, ADO.NET*) and databases in SQL* (stored procedures, T-SQL*, SQL* Server) Preferred Qualifications: - Experience with C++ and/or object-oriented programming languages (Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, etc.) - Experience with software data structures and algorithm concepts