Major Gifts Internship OpportunityBookmark This
AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland
3210 Euclid Ave
DescriptionThe AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland (ATGC) is seeking a Major Donor Intern to assist with identifying, recruiting and stewarding donors who give $1,000 and above annually to the ATGC. The Major Gifts program is a new and vital addition to the ATGC Advancement program. This group of leaders will be responsible for a significant portion of the ATGC’s budget, and funds the work of the Taskforce.
The Major Donor Intern will work primarily with the Director of Development & External Affairs, as well as with the Chief Executive Officer, other agency leadership and the Board of Directors to develop and execute a major gifts program The intern will have the opportunity to be exposed to all areas of agency fundraising including events, acquisition of new members, providing great customer service and fulfilling benefits to current supporters.
• Coordinate detailed, personalized mailings
• Coordination of donor-related special events and follow up from special events
• Developing creative marketing plan for donor recognition, retention and new donor acquisition
• Work with development team on copy for various communications and collateral
• Assist with preparing donor acknowledgements, as well as board and committee outreach materials
• Maintain donor database, including creating and updating records and performing data integrity checks, report on gifts
• Research, and track donor strategies and moves management
• Support event and meeting planning
• Research and report on other organization's Principal and Major Gift programs
• Research and identify Major Donor prospects
• Identify related event opportunities for ATGC staff or board to attend
• Attend staff, board and committee meetings and donor events,
• Stewarding donors, including preparing and mailing acknowledgments and welcome packages
• Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies desired.
• Must have a passion for HIV/AIDS, LGBT, social justice and related issues.
• Must be an outgoing, personable, and articulate networker and self-starter.
• Must be comfortable working in a lively, progressive environment where creativity is encouraged and a sense of humor is essential.
• Must be a detail oriented team player and technologically savvy and have the ability to work with confidential information.
• Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
• Avid user of social media is beneficial, but not required.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of the organization, donors and volunteers with a professional and responsible demeanor
• Interest in learning the details of Major Gifts fundraising and a career in nonprofit fundraising
• Proficiency with MS Office software; ability to search and effectively use the Internet. Knowledge of DonorPerfect is beneficial, but not required (training will be provided).
• Experience using WordPress, Mail Chimp and graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is desirable, but not required.