Management Trainee \ Associate Leadership Development ProgramBookmark This
BAYADA Home Health Care
St. Louis, MO
As one of the leading provider’s of nursing and personal care services in the country, BAYADA Home Health Care specializes in providing skilled, rehabilitative, therapeutic and personal-care home health services to people of all ages. With more than 280 locations nationwide, BAYADA has a special purpose—to help people of all ages to have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. We believe our clients and their families deserve the highest quality of home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability—our core values.
As BAYADA continues to grow and expand its vision to serve millions of people worldwide, our ability to reach that goal and continue providing superior clinical care and customer service is dependent on finding great leaders.Responsibilities:
The Associate Leadership Development Program is designed to be a fast-track program to develop future leaders for BAYADA. Participants in the program will be provided training, mentoring, and growth opportunities not found anywhere else in the health care industry. We will prepare you for future leadership opportunities and promotion by exposing you to all aspects of BAYADA office operations, including coordinating services for our clients, recruiting additional clinical staff, and building relationships with referral sources in the community. Upon successful completion, graduates of the program will be placed in a Client Services Manager position with continued growth opportunities within our organization.Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- 2 – 3 years minimum of professional work experience
- Willingness to complete 6-month training in New Jersey (This will require you to reside in extended stay facilities for up to six months)
- Flexibility to relocate within identified region at the end of six month program, based on needs of the organization
- Demonstrated record of leadership and goal achievement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to “think outside the box”
- Demonstrated record of volunteer and/or community involvement
* Please note that the town/zip code reflected in the Management Trainee postings may not be reflective of the location of rotations.
*To qualify, you must be able to complete rotations throughout the state, and be willing to relocate upon successful completion of the training program.