Manufacturing / Operations Mgmt Co-Op - May start (Intern/Co-Op)Bookmark This
DescriptionTitle: Operations Management Co-Op Location: Marinette, WI Hours per Week:40 Work Authorization:U.S. Citizen, US Permanent ResidentTyco Business Unit: Tyco > Tyco Fire Protection Products COMPANY OVERVIEW Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10+ billion company, Tyco has more than 69,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries serving the world's most demanding environments, including banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial. More information on Tyco can be found at www.tyco.com. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW A segment of Tyco, Tyco Fire Protection Products is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order. DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW The vision for Tyco Fire Protection Products Marinette Operations is to be the world leader in manufacturing fire suppression equipment and systems. We strive to apply continuous improvement tools through the use of metrics to advance our safety, quality, delivery, and cost positions. The Operations team in Marinette is responsible for material procurement, manufacturing and delivery of all special hazards suppression equipment to our internal distribution network. JOB OVERVIEW The Marinette Operations group is offering a Co-Op assignment in which students will report to a manufacturing manager and work cross functionally with process and project engineers, environmental health and safety, quality, supply chain, operational excellence (lean), accounting, and human resources on a wide variety of problems and projects to improve culture and manufacturing process. Roles Responsibilities may include the following:
- Work collaboratively with supervision; along with with other cross-functional areas to meet plant safety, quality, delivery, cost goals, and organization culture goals.
- Align with supervisors to identify and implement safety improvements; as well as improve the overall safety culture through coaching and training.
- Execute visual plant measurements with management support.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with employees.
- Partner with supervisors to identify, develop and implement cost savings and other improvement initiatives.
- Work with supervisors to maintain departmental/work cell staffing plans to ensure optimal personnel coverage based on the production schedule and sales forecasts.
- Provide departmental supervision vacation coverage.
- Drive support and improvements to our organization.
- In pursuit of Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Engineering or other related discipline with expected graduation by Spring 2015.
- Demonstrated superior ability to understand, analyze and assess a wide variety of complex business and/or interpersonal issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and well organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to organize and present ideas in a convincing and compelling manner to a small and large audience.
- Contribute effectively to building and sustaining a team-based, collaborative environment, promoting candor and receptivity, clarity of purpose and commitment to achieve business goals.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential.
- The ability to apply Lean/6Sigma to drive improvements to environmental health and safety, customer satisfaction, productivity, quality, and organization culture improvements.
- Ability to analyze cost data and calculate savings.