Market Associate (Dallas, TX)Bookmark This
Position Description: Market Associate
The Market Associate is responsible for maximizing revenues for both Expedia Inc. & key hotel partners in the assigned region. The primary focus of this role is to aid internal management teams and key supply partners in identifying, implementing and executing strategic initiatives which improve key business metrics and ensure Expedia's offerings are appropriately positioned to be competitive and maximize opportunities for distribution and marketing of product offerings within the assigned region.
Market Associates will work closely with hotel partners in an effort to:
- Increase revenue opportunities
- Resolve rate and availability issues
- Proactively secure additional inventory over high demand and compression periods
- Support efforts to improve market pricing and overall inventory competitiveness
- Secure value-adds and promotional offers
- Assist with the management of inventory blocks and rates to ensure accuracy of data and consistent supply
- Aid in business development with the acquisition of new properties and renewals
- This role may also lead ad-hoc projects to improve product competitiveness and support productive revenue generation efforts in the region they support.
- Effectively consult with hotel partners to secure competitive rates and deliver improved metrics; improve product competitiveness through effective price renegotiations
- Evaluate market trends and competitor activity; provide the Market Management team with analysis and recommendations for potential actions and next steps
- This includes, but is not limited to: analyzing market competitiveness reporting, prioritizing daily/weekly hotel calls, reporting and tracking progress of programs and initiatives and analyzing their impact on market performance
- Manage promotional campaigns in market, including pitching promotional opportunities to partners and soliciting deals from hotels
- Work with Market Management team to develop and implement strategies which ensure competitive pricing
- Maintain constant communication with Market Managers to ensure consistency of communications, partner messaging and implementation and execution of market strategies
- Develop and share best practices with Market Associate and Market Management teams to help optimize market competitiveness
- Review the quality of rates and inventory on Expedia sites against competitors
- Support Market Management team with the development and delivery of partner communications
- Assist the Market Management team in prospecting new hotels and/or regional chains
- Participate in contract negotiations as needed
- Support the process of onboarding a new partner upon acquisition of a new property
- Lead ad hoc projects to improve product competitiveness and support productive revenue generation efforts in the market they support; this could include, but is not limited to: implementation of new systems, work processes and/or technologies, adoption of new initiatives, gathering information regarding Expedia's competition in a market, etc.
- Demonstrate the energy & drive to be a part of one of the most exciting teams within Expedia Inc.
- Business-oriented professional with high integrity; maintains strictest confidentiality; displays initiative and innovation; exercises sound judgment
- Results-focused and metrics-driven
- Basic knowledge and understanding of revenue management principles and practices required
- Strong experience negotiating; experience effectively using a consultative selling approach
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills; ability to be diplomatically persistent in challenging situations
- Working knowledge of revenue and/or account management desirable
- Strong experience using MS Office suite of programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
- Sincere relationship builder; earns the confidence of others; bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
- Excellent diplomatic skills; possesses the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external business partners
- Ability to multi-task effectively is crucial; must be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
- Able to work independently as well as be a team player
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; major in tourism or hospitality a plus
- Hotel revenue management / reservation or account management role in another OLTA - strongly preferred
- Experience in consultative sales environment preferred
About Expedia Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit company website to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Date posted: 09/30/2013