Marketing Analysis InternBookmark This
Title: Marketing Analyst (Intern)
Location: Westminster, MA
Hours per Week: 40
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen, US Permanent Resident
Tyco Business Unit: Tyco > SimplexGrinnell / Marketing
Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10+ billion company, Tyco has more than 69,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries serving the world's most demanding environments, including banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial. More information on Tyco can be found at www.tyco.com.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in fire and life safety product and services solutions. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers throughout the United States and Canada. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life-safety protection is absolutely vital from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings and government facilities. Customers are served directly, through a network of 150 company-owned offices keeping people and property safe.
The Market Intelligence Group is chartered with supporting a data-driven Marketing function by providing actionable insights and resource planning tools to identify and capitalize on market opportunities for growth. This position will be responsible for driving successful commercialization of Market and Business Intelligence Reports/Tools, including all sales lead integration into SalesForce.com, sales planning and staffing tools, and market potential models in coordination with other team members. The candidate will leverage both their business and analytical/technical skills to create various marketing, customer, and operational intelligence.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Commercialization of Market Intelligence Maintain a sustainable process playbook for all reports/tools for Marketing, Customer and Competitive intelligence.
* Periodically survey our field organization for feedback on new requirements
* Refresh training materials, and on boarding cycles through our Learning Management System (LMS) and through Entre Programs.
* Increase sales awareness and win rates for large Market Mover opportunities in coordination with our Fire Alarm share growth team. Promote improved sales planning capabilities through identification and project management of new MI tools and models. Work with other Tyco business units on data-driven marketing initiatives to promote boundryless collaboration in our shared markets
* Design and product manage the development of new intelligence resources focused on key influencers and channel players such as Architects Engineers and Electrical Contractors
* Apply sophisticated analytical techniques to correlate levels of customer satisfaction with loyalty and purchase behavior
o Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a technical field, MBA degree is a plus
o 1-2 years experience working in a sophisticated marketing analysis function
o Relational database, data modeling and management
o Advanced MS Excel and MS Access experience required
o Ability to work independently and in a matrix environment
o Six Sigma belt or equivalent analytical experience
o A passion for translating quantitative data into actionable insights
o Excellent communication skills to include oral, written, and presentation skills
o Multimedia editing abilities for effective instructional videos
Assignment starts as soon as possible.
ABOUT TYCO'S INTERNSHIP/CO-OP PROGRAM
During your assignment with Tyco, you will have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths.
In order to be considered for an interview, complete an online application through the Tyco campus recruiting website: www.jointyco.com.
Tyco is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.