Marketing Communications SpecialistBookmark This
3027 N. Lamar Blvd, Suite 202
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionTo assist sales and marketing management with communications media and advertising
materials to effectively represent the company's products and services to customers and
1. Receives work assignments from marketing communications manager based on current needs, experience of the specialist and specialist's particular strengths in advertising or communications.
2. Meets with appropriate sales or marketing representative to discuss communication needs or participates as a member of the sales and marketing team.
3. Reviews literature in the assigned marketing project, previous marketing materials used in the assignment area, and gathers materials of competitive companies in the field.
4. Researches, writes, develops sketches of supporting graphics, and consults with printing firm representatives on the needs of the particular project. Presents recommendations to marketing manager or committee.
5. Where appropriate, arranges for the development of videotape scripts and selects a film producer to handle the assignment. Overviews editing and voice-overs to assure quality production in line with the parameters of the assignment.
6. Writes draft speeches for senior management and reviews proposed speech with the executive. Arranges for necessary speaking aids. Attends the presentation and offers feedback to the speaker.
7. May develop and coordinate multimedia packages—letters, brochures, video, point-of-purchase displays—for particular assignments.
8. Develops direct mail programs, as dictated by the assignment, and monitors roll-out of the campaign and checks for success level at conclusion.
9. Develops draft advertising text and layouts as part of campaign materials and presents to
advertising manager for review and approval.
10. Staff company booth or exhibit at trade and community fairs.
RequirementsSkills: Solid writing and editing experience, superior presentation and analytical skills, plus
demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously. Ability to work under