Marketing & Events Internship for cutting edge Female Coworking SpaceBookmark This
9710 Scranton Rd #160
San Diego, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
DescriptionHands on experience in marketing and events for a female led business start-up. We will support you in learning marketing strategy, event planning, and media relations activities.
Hera Hub is a spa-inspired, shared workspace for female entrepreneurs. This flexible work and meeting space provides a productive work environment for women who primarily work from home. Hera Hub members have access to professional space to meet with clients and to connect and collaborate with like-minded business owners, thus giving them the support they need to be prosperous.
Cost-effective monthly membership options are suited for freelancers, independent consultants, entrepreneurs, nonprofits, and authors. Hera Hub is much more than just a shared workspace; it’s a community of over 120 like-minded entrepreneurial women who find the additional resources, such as special classes, workshops, and one-on-one support essential for their business growth.
The first location launched in Sorrento Valley on August 15th, 2011. Hera Hub will open two additional San Diego locations by the end of 2012 (Mission Valley & Carlsbad), with additional markets to follow around the country. The vision is to help well connected women in other major cities launch a Hera Hub in their community via a licensing model. With Hera Hub headquarters in San Diego, and more than 50 locations around the country by 2016, the company will add significant value to the San Diego business community.
Responsibilities* Supporting execution of marketing activities and the strategies that drive them
* Help build Facebook following and engagement
* Follow and engage influential bloggers and press on Twitter
* Grow Pinterest following
* Assist in PR activities, such as press release development, online postings, and media outreach
* Help track media opportunities for Hera Hub members through HARO.com and ReporterConnection.com
* Help manage database and outgoing email announcements
* Analysis of marketing campaigns
* Support on event organization and set-up
Candidates must be able to take direction, have initiative, be able to work well independently and in groups, as well as attend periodic evening events. This is a start-up business, so an interest in entrepreneurship is a major plus!
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Some social media experience is required – facebook & twitter
* Must have transportation and be able to work on location at least 2 hours per week
This is a non-paid internship. Applicants must be pursuing a college degree and be seeking school credit. Preference is given to applicants with at least a 3.0 GPA. Previous experience in a marketing environment/internship and involvement with related student organizations is preferred. Applicants must also have the permanent legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.