Marketing InternBookmark This
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This intern is responsible for working closely with the Director of Marketing Business Development to learn and assist in the implementation of the overall strategic marketing direction of the shopping center and revenue generation strategies.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Under the direction of the DMBD, helps with coordination of some media installation for clients and periodic marketing signage changes.
- Assists with administrative elements of sponsorship/event deals including proof of performance, contracts, etc. as well as retailer communication efforts.
- Assists DMBD with retailer intensification and the promotion of platform program opportunities to retailers securing retailer offers to enhance programming.
- Assists DMBD with coordination ofall events for the center including merchant marketing meetings, holiday programs, community events, sales, fashion and any other events sponsored by the center.
- Assist DMBD in collecting leads, selling, and executing shows and expos during the term, especially for tourism.
- Maintain calendar of all shopping center internal and external events, programs, sponsorships, store programs and tenant openings.
- Assist inbuilding partnerships with key community organizations, assist with evaluating and responding to requests for community program involvement, donations, sponsorships.
- Recommend and assist in the development of content for digital/social marketing assist withcenter website content in atimely manner.
- Assist Guest Services Manager in generating leads with Giftcard clients and tourism efforts
- Update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram sites (plus, knowledge of Vine, YouTube).
- Distribute retailer newsletters, retailer memos, sales letters and presentations.
- Hours are flexible. On occasion, hours may include nights and/or weekends.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and social media
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Please note: This is an unpaid internship and the student candidate must receive academic credit for their time. The student is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the experience.