Marketing/New Media InternshipBookmark This
beTM interior design & management
North Weymouth, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionMarketing/New Media Internship
You will be trained on many aspects of SEO (search engine optimization), social media marketing, blogging, and related new media concepts as well as PR related concepts and tasks. If you have additional skills in the area of graphic design, photography, writing, etc. you will have opportunities to use and grow those skills (if you do not have existing skills, training and experience in these areas, you will not be trained in these areas).
Commitment: Minimum 4 to 8 hours per week for minimum of 8 weeks. Those wishing to commit to more hours/week for less total weeks will be considered. Up to 3 full days per week for a semester, or up to 5 full days for a mini-session, available for those who need it for course credit.
Onsite/Offsite: Up to 50% of the work may take place offsite if desired. Onsite work must take place between the hours of 10am and 7pm Monday through Saturday.
Onsite location: North Weymouth between Quincy center and Hingham center (south of Boston, MA).
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. Part time paid positions may be available in the future.
Industry: This is an interior design firm.
If you are interested please submit via email to be@beTMdesign.com, the following information:
1. Timeframe, availability, and reason for interest
2. Overview of any previous related experience, training, or skills
3. Resume attached as a PDF, Word document, or internet link
4. Links to any blogs or portfolio sites you have. If you do not have such a site but you have skills or experience in photography, digital video, web design or writing, or other related experience, please submit links to sites featuring work you have done, or, attach no more than 5 screen resolution images or utube style videos or word or pdf doc writing samples. Samples may be student work.
ResponsibilitiesDuties will likely include all of the following:
- Internet research on related blogs, follow as appropriate and comment regularly in interactive, non spammy ways
- Tweet as directed and research, connection with appropriate others on Twitter
- Research related to SEO and many SEO related tasks
- Editing for blog and marketing copy
- Other SEO, marketing, and PR related tasks
- Database contacts management
Duties may include the following, depending upon skills/experience:
- Print graphic design/production
- Web graphic design/production
- Back end web development/production
- Product or architectural photography opportunities
- Writing for online blog, other web and marketing copy
- Writing for editorial print copy
- Digital video production
You will also be asked to help out with other business needs as they occur. You will not be doing busy work, making photocopies, or fetching coffee. You will be doing real-world work for a small business that will value your contribution and serve as an enthusiastic referral. You will have the opportunity to develop a portfolio of completed work in a variety of media. Although you will be working for a small business it is one that has a high quality internet prescence and print materials, that will create a quality resume line for you. In addition it is a growing business that may present you with future opportunities.
1. Internet research
2. Basic to advanced editing and/or writing (excellent English language skills as pertains to punctuation, grammar, and spelling)
Any of the following skills a plus: Graphic design/web design, Product photography, Architectural photography, Back end web development, Digital video production