Marketing/PR InternshipBookmark This
Prevent Blindness Texas
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionPrevent Blindness Texas is the leading nonprofit in providing vision education, resources, and volunteers to the state. We develop partnerships with local agencies, schools, and businesses to provide resources to the community at no cost. These include educational and training programs, certification programs, vision screenings, and informational pieces distributed to local agencies.
Prevent Blindness Texas also works closely with state and local governments to advocate change in vision care policies for the benefit of the community, and we provide services to low-income families and individuals who would otherwise not have access vision care.
Responsibilities• Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
• Use social media, email, and print media to reach target audience.
• Prepare and deliver public announcements and materials to media outlets.
• Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback.
• Work alongside Regional Director to market and plan events.
• Other work may include: grant writing, graphic design, event volunteer training and supervision, communicating with donors, and etc.
Requirements• Prefer student with experience and/or education in Marketing, PR, or Communications
• Must be people-oriented, skilled at communicating, and adept at networking and developing partnerships.