Meat and Seafood Associate Team Leader (39746)Bookmark This
Whole Foods Market
West Des Moines, IA
Report to Seafood Team Leader and provide support, management and supervision of the Seafood Department. Assist in Team Member hiring, development, and outplacement from Team. Like the Team Leader, is responsible for profitability, expense control, buying/merchandising, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned.
- Consistently communicate and model Whole Foods Market vision and goals. Assist in interviewing, selecting, training, developing and counseling Team Members in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover. Make hiring and termination decisions in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Recommend disciplinary action, transfers, promotions, rate increases and consult with Team Leader on Team Member job dialogues.
- Train Team Members in proper product handling and storage, stocking, ordering, equipment operation, building displays and product rotation.
- In the absence of the Team Leader, supervise, schedule and assign duties to the Team Members.
- Maintain safe and sanitary work conditions throughout department in compliance with applicable Health and Safety codes. Report all accidents and injuries to Team Leader or Store Leadership and correct and report all life safety and fire hazards, along with any other violations of company policy, to Team Leader or Store Leadership.
- Help establish and maintain a positive work environment, which sustains an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale.
- Communicate and maintain employee safety and security standards.
- Attend leadership enhancement classes offered by Whole Foods Market.
- Properly and accurately record time using time clock at the beginning and end of each shift and for unpaid meal breaks during shift.
- Responsible for adhering to, enforcing and observing, proper dress code, including non-slip shoes and cut-resistant gloves during each work shift.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to all relevant Whole Foods Market policies, company mission and standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience as an Associate Team Leader, Supervisor or Buyer.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and a desire to learn about organic and natural foods and products.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.