Media Relations Intern-journalistBookmark This
Apple Blossom Naturals
3273 421st Ave NE
Internship Type: Virtual
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionMust be organized, proactive, enthusiastic with an attention to detail. Strong writing skills are paramount. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, Photoshop is a plus.
Being pro-active and a self-starter is key for this position. You will have a lot of responsibility, however, also a lot of lee-way to manage many aspects of the position on your own, with simple approval. We encourage creativity and an overall sense of enthusiasm!
– Creating and maintaining media contact lists
– Scanning and keeping track of placements
– Drafting pitches
– Sending out Press Releases
– Assisting with launch events
– Participating in brainstorming sessions
Much of the position will also include seeking out various media outlets within the niche markets our products compliment, such as: natural markets, health, children. As well as wedding, party, women, beauty etc.
And then compiling various press releases and articles which these markets would be interested in, and would then publish our business and contact information, for further exposure.
Also brainstorming other cost-effective avenues to get and maintain our products in the media.
This position is a satellite position (work from your own location) Though we may have opportunities for you to be involved in different events in person if you should choose to want to add that to your portfolio as well.
- Strong WRITTEN and communication skills are a must
- Native English speaker or native fluency required*
- A speedy writer with an eye for interesting content
- Interest/Knowledge in Bath/Beauty/Cosmetic/Natural Industry
- Strong desire to be an integral part of a start-up business
- Strong research skills
- Self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable generating creative ideas independently, but must also be willing to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Assist with copywriting and creation of exciting content for press release & online sites
- Participate in internal brainstorms to conceptualize upcoming content on site and blog
- Produce exciting and engaging articles for online site
- Maintain and develop content for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)