Medical Education: Digital Media InternshipBookmark This
Pulmonary Hypertension Association
801 Roeder Road Suite 1000
Silver Spring, MD
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionThe Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is a fast-growing association of patients, family members and medical professionals committed to maintaining the organization's volunteer spirit and to building opportunities for those affected by pulmonary hypertension (PH) to be involved in solutions to the challenges the illness creates.
PHA Online University is an educational resource for healthcare professionals emphasizing the latest in diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension. PHA’s Digital Media Internship offers students a structured experience working with the Medical Education team to support PHA Online University. Through mixed audiovisual, print, and social media, medical professionals can access everything they need for PH-related medical resources. Our goal is for PHA Online University to serve as a hub for PH specialists who wish to sharpen their skills, and also serve as an important means of raising awareness about PH among the medical community.
You will be treated as a respected team member. Our office is a friendly and welcoming environment. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this. Interns may also earn college credit. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.
How to Apply:
Materials should include a cover letter explaining your interest in working for PHA, a resume and a 3-6 page writing sample. Cover letters should be addressed to Dalia Golchan, Associate Director of Medical Education. Applications are ONLY accepted through PHA's online Internship Application Form (http://www.phassociation.org/internships/apply).
ResponsibilitiesInterns will have the opportunity to:
• Assist in shaping the Online University’s outreach to medical physicians through preparation of audiovisual content for online distribution
• Gain valuable experience using technology as a vehicle for continuing education
• Edit PHA Online University content management system
• Create and update existing web content to ensure Search Engine Optimization (SEO) compliance
• Identify projects and areas of individual interest and work both independently and as a team
• Work 20-30 hours weekly and receive a small stipend and transportation subsidy
• Have an interest in healthcare issues and in working in a non-profit environment
• Demonstrate relevant experience and interest in digital media communications
• Have an interest in video creation and be able to view and edit medical content with an eye for flow and continuity
• Be able to organize information and document research for future reporting
• Be organized, able to multi-task and think strategically
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills