Medical Education: Marketing & Communications InternshipBookmark This
Pulmonary Hypertension Association
801 Roeder Road Suite 1000
Silver Spring, MD
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionThe Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is a fast-growing association of patients, family members and medical professionals impacted by this often misdiagnosed and difficult illness. PHA is committed to maintaining the organization's volunteer spirit and to building opportunities for those affected by pulmonary hypertension to be involved in solutions to the challenges the illness creates.
PHA’s Marketing and Communications Internship in Patient Education offers students a structured experience working with PHA’s staff and constituents to assist in the research, development and marketing for PHA’s major patient education initiatives. The Marketing and Communications Intern will be instrumental in helping PHA staff develop and market educational resources for patients and caregivers whose lives are affected by pulmonary hypertension. The internship will prepare the intern for a career in the marketing and communications by providing an opportunity participate in creating an exciting social marketing campaign as well as develop internal and external communication strategies. Interns will be given the opportunity to lead these projects based on their ability, passion, and interests.
We offer both part-time and full-time internships. You will be treated as a respected team member. Our office is a friendly and welcoming environment. Interns may also earn college credit. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.
How to Apply:
Materials should include a cover letter explaining your interest in working for PHA, a resume and a 3-6 page writing sample. Cover letters should be addressed to Dalia Golchan, Associate Director of Medical Education. Applications are ONLY accepted through PHA's online Internship Application Form (http://www.phassociation.org/internships/apply).
• Create a marketing and communications campaign for PHA Classroom.
• Redesign www.PHAssociation.org/Classroom to meet patient and caregiver needs.
• Utilize data collected through participant evaluations to assess educational needs and preferences to incorporate into future educational initiatives.
• Write and edit patient and caregiver targeted content such as brochures and website content.
• Develop communication materials for outreach to medical professionals and patients through social media and print materials.
• Identify projects and areas of individual interest and work both independently and in teams to achieve goals.
RequirementsInterns should possess:
• An understanding and strong interest in social media marketing, communications and graphic design.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• An interest in healthcare issues, particularly health education, and in working in a non-profit environment.
• Be able to think creatively and strategically, as well as multi-task.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work both independently and in teams.
• Be prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting.