Medical Technologist - Per DiemBookmark This
Garden City Hospital
6245 Inkster Road
Garden City, MI
As a 323-bed community based teaching facility, Garden City Hospital offers a wealth of employment opportunities to begin or advance your career. Committed to a standard of excellence and to providing patient care with a personal touch, Garden City Hospital is a place where physicians practice quality medicine, employees enjoy a positive environment and meaningful employment experience, and students enhance their education.
As a recipient of the “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” award, Garden City Hospital is distinguished as an organization that recognizes employees as their greatest asset and creates an ideal working environment where professional growth is encouraged and supported.
Employees at Garden City Hospital span multiple generations. Many extended families are employees of the hospital, a unique and compelling testimony to the pride and loyalty that develops with employment.
Major Service Areas
Home Health Care
Home Medical Equipment
Wound Care/Hyperbaric Medicine
Garden City Hospital is committed to providing health care that improves the well being of the whole person and the health status of the community at large through the provision of comprehensive health care services, osteopathic medical education, and health care related programs.
We will create an unparalleled Community Hospital Experience. The quality of this experience will bring to us…
- Patients wanting their healthcare in a personal setting,
- Physicians wanting a place to practice quality medicine,
- Employees wanting a meaningful career,
- Students wanting a quality education, and
- Payers wanting to offer access to the best providers.
- Hematology; including coagulation and urinalysis
- Chemistry; manual, automated and special chemistry
- Microbiology; including serology
- Blood Bank; all immuno-hematological procedures
Evaluate and ensure accuracy of tests; communicate test results to ordering physician; maintain laboratory equipment; instruct Medical Technology students.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science required
- Experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital environment is preferred
- Current registry with ASCP or must attain within 12 months of hire