Medicare Technical AnalystBookmark This
Abrazo Health Care
Overview: This person supports Advantage Healthcare Management Co's Medicare Line of Business needs, with duties to include report design, development, implementation and maintenance, application design, programming, deployment and maintenance, complex data analysis, system enhancements and upgrades, general information systems infrastructure maintenance and troubleshooting, working closely with and training end-users in the art of proper and efficient system/application usage, and maintaining data integrity to ensure governmental regulatory compliance standards are met. This person works with projects ranging in complexity that may require thoughtful preparation, design, analysis, testing and implementation of the system changes to meet the ongoing and dynamic needs of the health plan and its operations. Primary duties include the following:
· Maintain and support all Medicare technical systems, applications processes, as directed by Medicare Technical Systems Manager.
· Analyze, design, develop, test and implement reports, databases, applications, scripts, data transfers and analyses or spreadsheets to meet the data/information needs of the Medicare Line of Business.
· Work with Medicare Technical Systems Manager and/or Project Managers to deliver system configuration, implementation and reporting needs as a result of the system changes, enhancements and related projects. Meet timelines as assigned by the Medicare Technical Systems Manager or Project Managers or negotiate agreed upon timelines. Update the status of tasks/projects on a regular basis.
· Assist with troubleshooting activities related to system software or hardware impacting the health plans data needs. Review Production Scheduled Reports/Models that failed and determine next steps. Communicate with users the availability of the data/information.
· Perform system updates in accordance with regulatory mandates and/or health plan contract changes. Ensure mandated reporting, database needs and EFT processes are produced/available and submitted/communicated accurately and in a timely manner.
· Assist in coordinating or facilitating testing activities related to the health plans data needs. Provide information to allow users and other team members to understand the data results and/or retrieve regular reports with the tools available.
· Document Report Criteria and scripts and/or SQL Queries and maintain the Reports Matrix.
· Develop complete and accurate ad-hoc custom reports requested by health plan staff. Produce status reports and metrics reporting.
· Maintain working knowledge of software support systems utilized within the organization.
Special Skills: Familiarity and experience with Continuum's Market Prominence ™ software package is a preferred skillset, but not a requirement.
Minimum Requirements: High School Graduate or Equivalent. Position requires a minimum of two years of successful hands on database/application development and management and/or report generation in a health care field or closely related experience or any combination of education and experience that provides an equivalent background. Strong aptitude for learning and using software programs. Extensive familiarity with Microsoft Office products (including MS Access and MS Excel at a minimum) is required, as well as basic familiarity with SQL and/or ORACLE operations and related programming. Strong attention to detail with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred with an emphasis in Information Technology or Healthcare. Direct experience in a Medicare Healthcare Operations and Information Systems Management setting, with emphasis and expertise in multiple hardware platforms and computer software programs. Development proficiency in Microsoft Office products (especially Access), Crystal Reports, SQL programming and advanced usage and undestanding of SQL and/or ORACLE servers is desired. Familiarity and experience with CMS (Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services) operations and Medicare Regulations. Ability to efficently and rapidly code in T-SQL and/or PL-SLQ and VBA or VB.net.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: M-F, 8-5
Advantage Healthcare Management Company