Membership Representative Part TimeBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Boston
Hyde Park, MA
Job Classification: Hourly (non-exempt)
Direct Report: Membership Director
- Provide excellent customer service
- Become efficient in operating computer systems necessary for position
- Provide a minimum of 15 hours direct service at the membership desk
- Ability to be flexible to be available if needed for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holiday
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with the YMCA mission and goals.
- Assume other duties deemed necessary by the Branch Membership Director.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit (at times on the floor with children) and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Â Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent from an accredited school.
- At least two years experience in customer service and experience managing several employees.
- Experience using and troubleshooting office machinery including telephones, fax machines and copiers.
- Demonstrated maturity, punctuality and follow-through.
Skills and Competencies:
- Understand the relationship of the general public to the association, of staff to volunteer, and of staff to staff, and be able to effectively enhance and cultivate those relationships.
- Ability to interpret, carry out and implement into membership and programs, the mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Ability to communicate effectively with adults and children alike.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Respect in the Workplace
- Standard First Aid
- Infant, child, adult CPR
- Automated External Defibrillator