Minnesota Fair Share Alliance--Clean Energy Jobs Campaign InternBookmark This
Minnesota Fair Share Alliance
DescriptionFair Share Alliance works to provide every American with a fair shot at a good job, a secure future, and a strong voice in our democracy. We challenge the powerful, entrenched interests who take more than their fair share of America’s riches, and we stand up to the 1% who block progress at every turn.
We are currently seeking spring interns interested in organizing public support around clean energy jobs in Minnesota. This position typically runs at least 10 weeks, for 10-20 hours per week. Current student standing is not necessary. We are seeking interns to operate based out of Duluth, MN.
*The spring internship is unpaid, although there is strong potential for it to lead to a paid field associate position in the summer.
ResponsibilitiesPotential Intern Positions:
• Build a broad local, and state coalition in support of the campaign
• Contact potential coalition partners to brief them on our organizational goals
• Recruit and train volunteers
• Attend weekly core group and coalition realm meetings, keep track of our progress in recruiting coalition partners
• Work in conjunction with Field Organizer to plan our strategy and goals for campaign visibility
• Create materials such as posters, leaflets, signs, props
• Develop creative ideas for new ways to generate visibility for the campaign, both online and offline
• Attend weekly core group and visibility realm meetings, recruit and train volunteers
• Work in conjunction with Field Organizer to set campaign goals for grassroots tactics, like petitions, handwritten letters, phone calls, etc.
• Track and record the grassroots product we generate
• Train volunteers in grassroots tactics, attend weekly core group, and grassroots realm meetings
• Work in conjunction with Field Organizer to decide campaign strategy and goals for media coverage
• Write letters to the editor and opinion pieces for publication (or direct and oversee their submission by others)
• Write news advisories and releases for campaign events
• Make press calls to pitch stories and events and convince media outlets to cover our campaign events, cultivate relationships with reporters and editors
• Track our interactions with the media, and monitor the press for campaign-related coverage
• Recruit and train volunteers, attend weekly core group, and media realm meetings